Welcome to our blog! Tim and I are tag-teaming our first entry. Over to you Tim.
Tim:
Here we will polish and publish pearls of wisdom--here the annals of the Tuscon transplants' story are set in digital stone--here we paint the tableaux of our lives in the wittiest of prose, etc., etc.
But that's not a promise. We might forget we created this blog and sink back into anonymity...
Annie:
As the title of this blog indicates we will keep the world updated in our wild Tucson adventures. As a matter of fact just yesterday we made a stir-fry from scratch and we put a whole lemon in it. Wow. The accidity nearly ate the enamel right off my teeth. Uhm, yeah... ...that's about as exciting as it gets here in retirementville.
Last week Tim and I took a lazy drive through the Catalina Mountains. From the base of the mountains it took us about an hour to get to the top of Mt. Lemmon. The elevation climbed to 9000 ft., and there were several changes in the climate. So long saguaro cacti, hello evergreens. You don't see many of those in Tucson. As we got higher even the evergreens thinned dramatically because of the harsh climate.
The most interesting thing to see was snow. Well, not actually the snow itself, but the people who were enthrawled with it. There were families sledding on an icy, thin layer of snow. I wanted to stick my head out the window and make a public service announcement, "Watch out for the rocks!!!," but I didn't think it would do any good. Also, and this is the best part, there were actually folks hacking away at the ice covered snow, and filling buckets with their suveneirs. Uhm, yeah. I'll just let them figure out on their own that by the time they make it to the base of the mountain they will have a bucket full of slush. Snow cones anyone!? (Les, we will have to take you there when you visit.)
2 comments:
Hey transplants. Sweet blog. I dig your color choice. I'm excited to come see you all soon. I even checked out a book about Tucson at the library today. Not that I don't trust you all to show me a good time....
Dude, you guys need some action on your blog. I think a new post is in order.
Post a Comment