In an effort to resuscitate the old blog, I thought I'd write a quick note on my school. I've been at it now since August 20, and I'm finally having some paper deadlines and exams this coming week. It's always a tough little transition when the magical first few weeks of no deadlines draw to a close. They have been magical, though.
Law school was such an intense place to be. It seemed like everyone was more prepared than I was. I had to spend every available moment scouring long reading assignments for those few crucial nuggets that would be so heartlessly demanded in front of the entire class. Even though it was stressful, I did enjoy it sometimes. But it was intense.
My experience so far in grad school #2 (less than one month) has been more enjoyable. It isn't intense the way law school was. I even have some undergrads in some of my classes (it's interesting to me how the grad students look on them with complete disdain). Most of the time, I just sit through lectures and take notes! No one's on the spot. The only dialog is between those darned undergrads talking in semi-low voices about unrelated, superficial undergrad things. The thing I like best is the readings. They're so interesting, sometimes I just can't put them down. So, so far, so good. I can honestly say that I'm a happy camper. Lets hope the magic continues.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck, Tim. So remind me why you decided not to pursue the law degree? Or did you get the law degree and decided you didn't want to do that anymore? Well anyway, Brent, my husband, is a planner and loves it. He's working on his second year of grad school now. He was doing real-estate development before going back to school, so now he gets to see both sides. Oh, I'm Kirsten, Andrea's friend from high school. Anyway, good luck with school!
Tim, I'm so glad you're enjoying the program! I think all of the stuff you're studying right now is very interesting (as you already know from our long phone conversations) and hope that you'll share some of it with us via blog.
Love Bug
I got the law degree and even practiced for a while. Now I'm pursuing my true passion: telling people what to do.
Post a Comment