To make up for our Autumn deficiency Tim and I headed to Wilcox, AZ. What's so special about Wilcox? It's simple: Apple Annie's Orchard. Apple Annie's is a family owned farm that invites community members to handpick the freshest produce directly from their fields and orchards. This was a perfect opportunity to enjoy the perks of the harvest without months of manual labor. What would the little red hen say about that!? Not to worry, I didn't tell her about the bags of crisp apples, vine-rippened tomatoes, squash, and eggplant that Tim and I hauled off. It is important to note that we did break a sweat in the process. Granted that was from the warm weather, not intense physical labor.
With Halloween just around the corner, there was a plethora of pumpkins still growing on their vines. Neither one of us has ever had the opportunity to wander through a pumpkin patch and pick the perfect pumpkin. We usually head to the local grocery store parking lot display, complete with decorative hay bails, and end up with a lopsided leftover. Not this year! Tim and I were able to find just the right one!
For us, Apple Annie's was just what the doctor ordered!
7 comments:
Oh Andrea, what a delightful post! And those pictures were absolutely darling. How I've missed your cheery smile! So glad you took pictures of it! It brightened my day! And since you seemed to have had a wonderful time there, I say hats off to Apple Annie's!
And P.S. I MISS AUTUMN!
Thanks for writing about your fun autumn trip! Here in Russia there are plenty of changing trees and autumn weather, but I do miss apple-picking. Maybe when I return to DC I can find one of those you-pick places.
It is fun to see a pumpkin patch, which I see all the time in Michigan, with such different scenery in the background. It looks so dry there, and the sky is so big and blue compared to our midwestern skies. Yay for u-pick farms everywhere!
Hi, I am Tim's cousin, Anissa. You guys are so cute. Say hi to Tim. I didn't know you were in Tucson. We are in Phoenix and welcome you guys up here anytime.
Hello, dear Tucson Transplants!
Just so you know, I haven't given up on you and usually check your blog at least once a week, hoping for a new post (hint, hint).
We miss Tim and Andrea's updates!!! (Was that subtle?) ;)
Aw, how fun! Hey, you guys! It's been forever and I'm glad to "catch-up" with you. Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment